Today, without planning it, I issued to Ms. Draper’s class the $100 challenge. What this challenge entails is finding a single word in the dictionary that is not already owned as a dot com. Example: elephant is in the dictionary, if you find that nobody owns www.elephant.com I will pay everyone on that team $100 (by the way, Ms. Draper’s students www.elephant.com is a safe site to visit).
Here are the rules:
1. The only website you can visit to find out if this word is availible is www.whois.net. If you violate this rule you are disqualified. I am not making this rule to trick you, I just know that this is a safe site.
2. This challenge expires when the first team finds a word that is not registered.
Blah, blah, blah, everyone is doing it. The web is littered with unoriginality. Find what makes you unique and stay with it. Vow to be unique. Example:3 Doors Down—A True SEO Music Video Ü
2. Blog imperfectly
Give yourself a time limit when writing a post and then publish it when you hit the deadline. Published imperfection is progress. Unpublished perfection is worthless. Vow to have flaws. Example: My Imperfect Plan
3. Blog the future
Anyone can tear apart the past. Look into the future and take a chance on what might not be. Not only does it help you look for possible opportunities, but it also gives your blog unique perspective. Vow to guess the future. Example: The Day Search Engines Died!
1. Be unique 2. Give more than you take 3. Do one task at a time 4. Find and resolve problems 4. Access others' knowledge 5. Listen to feedback 6. Learn to be inquisitive 7. Test, test, test 7. Distinguish sense from nonsense 8. Grow from mistakes 9. Accept change as inevitable 10. Befriend your competition 11. Study different industries 12. Learn to build not game 13. Understand the motivation of emotion 14. Work for yourself 15. Build loyalty 16. Don't fear failure 17. Study the past, critique the future 18. Ignite users' curiosity 19. Allow creativity to flourish 20. Never give up
Top Search Marketing Mistakes
* Mistaking CTR for Conversion * Not using negative keywords * Unoptimized landing pages * Using all default settings * Ignoring tracking results * Not using Geo-Targeting * Not using Day Parting * Not proofreading your ads * Only using Broad Match * Giving up too soon
* Unoptimized title tags * Poor content * Slow site speed * Ignoring social media * Forgetting about conversion * Not staying current on SEO changes * Using splash pages * Overuse of Ajax * An unbalanced backlink profile * Ignoring site structure